Talks Too MuchEight-year-old Nina brought her report card home from school. Her marks were good, mostly A's and a couple of B's.
How About a Drink?
A Jesuit was out for a drive and crashed into another car, only to discover that the other driver was a Franciscan.
â€œIt was my fault,â€ each insistedâ€”as is only right and proper with religious men.
Concerned, the Jesuit said, â€œYou look badly shaken up, Father. You could probably use a good stiff drink right now to calm down.â€
He produced a flask and the Franciscan drank from it and said, â€œThank you, Father; I feel much better now. But youâ€™re probably shaken up too. Why donâ€™t you have a drink as well?â€
â€œI will,â€ the Jesuit replied, â€œbut I think Iâ€™ll wait until after the police have come.â€
This joke was reprinted from "The Book of Catholic Jokes" by Deacon Tom Sheridan, with permission of ACTA Publications. Copyright 2008. All rights reserved.
Golf on Christmas...
Four old timers were playing their weekly game of golf, and one remarked how for Christmas this year he'd love to wake up on Christmas morning, roll out of bed and without an argument go directly to the golf course, meet his buddies and play a round.
His buddies all chimed in and said, "Let's do it! We'll make it a priority, figure out a way and meet here early on Christmas morning."
Months later, that special morning arrives, and there they are on the links. The first guy says, "Boy, this game cost me a fortune! I bought my wife such a diamond ring that she can't take her eyes off it."
Number 2 guy says, "I spent a ton too. My wife is at home planning the cruise I gave her. She was up to her eyeballs in brochures."
Number 3 guy says " Well, my wife is at home admiring her new car, reading the manual."
They all turn to the last guy in the group and he is staring at them like they have lost their minds. "I can't believe you all went to such expense for this golf game. I patted my wife on the butt and said, 'Well babe, is it sex or golf?' and she said, 'Take your sweater, looks like it might be windy out there'."
A man was driving a horse and ...A man was driving a horse and cart along a country road at an angle of 45 degrees. After three miles like this, he asked a passer-by: "How long does this blasted hill last?" "This isn't a hill," came the reply. "Your back wheels are off!"
Ten Worst Gifts To Buy A Woman
1. Never give a woman any kind of household appliance or something that is going to make "housework" easier. For instance, a blender, a toaster, a new vacuum, one of those mops they advertise on tv that does everything but suck the life out of you, anything in a informercial. The only wise choice is a new washing machine with a turbo spin cycle. (Makes laundry day go by pretty fast when you can at least sit on it during spin-dry and end up smiling the rest of the day.)
2. Any bulk cleaning supplies, "honey, I got you that large box of Tide you have been wanting." "This Windex should last you a while." "I got a good deal on the industrial strength toilet bowl cleaner." All I can say is, be prepared to run. I have faith that if you would have at least stopped and thought about what would be a much more intimate gift, you would have had the sense to spring for the $5 Chia Pet you were eyeing in Kmart.
3. Any sharp objects made by Ronco which slices or dices, or a set of ginsu knives. These may one day be used as a weapon against you when you come home with lipstick on your collar after a "night out with the boys."
4. Do not buy gifts for yourself and pretend they are for her. "Honey, I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of the new drill I bought you." By then she will have put it to good use by drilling a quarter inch hole into the side of your skull for even thinking she would accept such a lame gift. After a gift like this, you probably won't be around for NEXT Christmas.
5. Any lingerie made of flannel, such as a pair of feet pajamas with a trap door in back. A Little Mermaid or Barney cartoon character nightgown. It gives her the idea that you do not consider her the sexy woman that she is. Take out that wallet and buy her something sexy from Victoria Secret (just like you did for your mistress or other girlfriend).
6. No name perfume which costs you $1.99, such as Eu de Toilet, which actually smells like the bathroom, moldy fruit, or your dirty socks. If you are going to buy her perfume, spring for the brand names.
7. Any type of cubic zirconia jewelry you see on the Home Shopping Network. It will be quite embarrassing when she is showing off that fabulous diamond to her friends and tries to cut glass with it. (We actually test them you know.) Also, now would not be a good time to buy her that set of diamond nipple clamps you always wanted to, you know how we like to show off our jewelry and it could get embarrassing at the New Year's party when she decides to show them off to your buddies.
8. Please do not buy her clothes because you think for one minute you have good taste in woman's clothing. Well, perhaps you might if you are a transvestite, but all in all, believe me, she'll smile and say its beautiful while choking back tears and mumbling under her breath, "were the hell would I ever wear this outfit without being arrested for bad taste?" An additional hint, plaids do not go with stripes (even though you think your golfing outfit looks just fine). Its a known fact to the rest of the world that that is a taboo. In the Northeast, thats like wearing white after Labor Day.
9. Do not give her a gift certificate to Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers. Most men would know better, especially the ones who have learned the correct response to "do these pants make me look fat." If you are one of the poor souls who still doesn't get it and purchased a gift like this, be prepared for the silent treatment for a month. (Although that may be something you would actually look forward to.) A better alternative would be hiring a Chippendale dancer as a personal trainer to get her motivated into getting fit.
10. Last but not least, never buy a woman anti-wrinkle cream, or a book on "How not to be Nasty Sunday through Saturday." These are not considered gifts, they are considered reasons for seriously injuring the person who bought it and just may stand up in court of law.
Business one-liners 16Beauty is only skin deep, ugly goes clear to the bone.
Before you give a colleague a piece of your mind, be sure you can spare it.
Being a good communicator means people find out what is really wrong with you.
Believing is seeing.
Better latent than never.
Beware of a dark-haired man with a loud tie.
Beware of a tall dark man with a spoon up his nose.
Beware of altruism. It is based on self-deception, the root of all evil.
Beware of one who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds themself no wiser than before. They are full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. - Sir John A. MacDonald, Canada's first prime minister
Beware of those wearing suspenders with belts.
Calculate the number 5117
Baseball in HeavenTwo old men, Abe and Sol, sit on a park bench feeding pigeons and talking about baseball. Abe turns to Sol and asks, Do you think theres baseball in Heaven?
Sol thinks about it for a minute and replies, I dunno. But lets make a deal -- if I die first, Ill come back and tell you if theres baseball in Heaven, and if you die first, you do the same.
They shake on it and sadly, a few months later, poor Abe passes on. Soon afterward, Sol sits in the park feeding the pigeons by himself and hears a voice whisper, Sol... Sol....
Sol responds, Abe! Is that you?
Yes it is, Sol, whispers Abes ghost.
Sol, still amazed, asks, So, is there baseball in Heaven?
Well, says Abe, Ive got good news and bad news.
Gimme the good news first, says Sol.
Abe says, Well, there is baseball in Heaven.
Sol says, Thats great! What news could be bad enough to ruin that?
Abe sighs and whispers, Youre pitching on Friday.
Â“IÂ’d like to order a bar piz...Â“IÂ’d like to order a bar pizza,Â” the idiot says.
Â“Shall I ask them to cut it into six or twelve slices,Â” the barmaid asks.
Â“Six, please. I could never eat twelve pieces.
Good evening, ladies, Sherlock...Good evening, ladies, Sherlock Holmes said as he passed three women eating bananas on a park bench.
"Do you know them?" Dr. Watson asked.
"No," Holmes replied, "I've never met the nun, the prostitute or the bride we just passed."
"Good Lord, Holmes, how in the world did you know all that?"
"Elementary, my dear Watson. the nun ate the banana by holding it in one hand and using the fingers of the other hand to properly break the fruit into small pieces."
The prostitute, he continued, "grabbed with both hands and crammed the whole thing into her mouth."
"Amazing!" Watson exclaimed, "But how did you know the third was a newlywed?"
"Because she held it with one hand and pushed her head toward it with the
A fellow nurse at my hospital ...A fellow nurse at my hospital received a call from an anxious patient.
"I'm diabetic and I'm afraid I've had too much sugar today." the caller said.
"Are you light-headed?" my colleague asked.
"No," the caller answered, "I'm a brunette."
A doctor and a dentist fell in...A doctor and a dentist fell in love with a same girl. One day, the dentist had to go abroad for one week to fulfill his work, so he gave the girl seven apples and asked her to eat one apple everyday.
Know why? An apple a day keeps the doctor away!
What did he say?
An elderly couple were driving across the country. The woman was driving when she got pulled over by the highway patrol.
The officer said, Â“MaÂ’am did you know you were speeding?Â” The woman, hard of hearing, turns to her husband and asks, Â“What did he say?Â” The old man yells, Â“He says you were speeding!Â”
The patrolman says, Â“May I see your license?Â” The woman turns to her husband and asks again, Â“What did he say?Â” The old man yells, Â“He wants to see your license!Â”
The woman gave the officer her license. The patrolman says, Â“I see you are from Arkansas. I spent some time there once and went on a blind date with the ugliest woman IÂ’ve ever seen.Â” The woman turned to her husband and asked, Â“What did he say?Â” And the old man yells, Â“He said he knows you!Â”
Q. Which area of Palestine was especially wealthy?
A. The area around Jordan. The banks were always overflowing.
Porsche and HedgehogWhat's the difference between a Porsche and a hedgehog?
A hedgehog has its pricks on the outside.
Nude Beach"How can you tell if there is a blind man on a nude beach?" a guy asked his friend.
"It ain't hard," he said with a shrug.
Submitted by curtis
Edited by calamjo, Tantilazing, yisman and hottrouble1
One shot pony
One shot pony
An 80 year old man is having his annual checkup.
The doctor asks him how he's feeling, "I've never been better!" he replies. "I've got an eighteen year old bride who's pregnant with my child! What do you think about that?"
The doctor considers this for a moment, then says, "Well, let me tell you a story. I know a guy who's an avid hunter. He never misses a season. But one day he's in a bit of a hurry and he accidentally grabs his umbrella instead of his gun. So he's walking in the woods near a creek and suddenly spots a beaver in some brush in front of him! He raises up his umbrella, points it at the beaver and squeezes the handle. *BAM* The beaver drops dead in front of him."
"That's impossible!" said the old man in disbelief, "Someone else must have shot that beaver".
"Exactly." says the doctor.